I realised yesterday that I have a large amount of blue felt. What should I make?... A tardis!
Doctor Who Tardis Plushie Tutorial
The pieces needed are:
*4 large blue panels 10 x 19 cm
*23 small blue panels 3.6 x 4 cm
*9 small white panels 3.6 x 4 cm
*4 black strips 1.3 x 9 cm
*1 blue base panel 10 x 10 cm
*4 blue equilateral triangles - 10cm long sides (according to a Google calculator it should be 8.66 cm high) --> I actually cut the tops of these when they got to 6cm wide and also made a 6x6 panel to go on top, otherwise the police box looks like a house!
*3 white bits for light - I guesstimated ~ 2 cm tall, 1.5 cm wide, triangle-ish shaped.
You also need blue thread, white thread, black thread and brown thread.
1. Sew 6 small blue panels on to 3 of the large blue panels and 5 on to the last large blue panel.
2. Using doubled up black thread, sew lines on to 8 of the small white panels and a few lines on to one of them (I used single black thread to make it look like bold writing on top and normal writing underneath on the 'notice'). These will be the windows and the notice (refer to photos).
3. Sew these white panels on (windows are the top two, notice fills the last blank spot -this will be the door).
4. Sew the black strips on along the tops.
5. Using doubled up brown thread, sew the door handles on (refer to photos).
6. Sew the large blue panels together.
7. Sew the three white bits together to make the light on top, flip right side out.
8. Sew the blue triangles together, making sure to leave a small gap at the top to sew the white light in. Remember to think before you sew and make sure that it will all end up right side out!
9. Sew the top on to your tardis. Have the 'body' inside out and the 'lid' inverted into it to sew it on. Again, think about how it will end up when you turn it right side out!
10. Sew the base on, leaving a small gap to turn right side out and stuff.
11. Turn right side out, stuff and voila! A tardis plushie!