Jan 18, 2011

Creator Profile - Sienna May

I recently interviewed (read emailed) the lovely crafter behind the works of Sienna May.  Read ahead to learn more about this local talent.



Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Kim and I am a fabric - a  - holic !!  I am based in Brisbane, Queensland.

I just adore bright, funky fabrics and creating gorgeous items from it...  

I love having market stalls to get out from behind the sewing machine and computer and meet all of my beautiful customers & other stall holders......and I am obsessed with facebook! 

I get a big thrill out of interacting with my beautiful customers each day and I get so excited when I see lovely comments and feedback from them.. It is wonderful when they post pictures of their items when they arrive to them.. *gushes*

What do you create?
 
At Sienna May, you will find lovingly hand made toys for babies & toddlers, dolls, and hand made home decor items.

My creations are a wonderful addition to the toy collection of babies, toddlers, grown ups and anyone in between!

My homewear items look fantastic in book shelves, on a bedroom dressing table or anywhere in your home that needs brightening up!

My dolls  like to have loads of cuddles and love...

I also would like to mention that all of my fabrics are pre-washed to be safe and clean for children, and all of my items are made in my clean, smoke-free environment.

I love making them and I hope they make you smile.

How long have you been making things?  What was the first thing you made?
     
I have been creating my items for around 8 months now, however, prior to what I create now, I was sewing handbags and make up pouches. ...

The very first thing that I made was an Oswald Owl Cuddle pillow [see photo below] for a friends little girl, and then a made a jingle ball and  I saw how much joy my hand made toys gave her, my heart melted and I just wanted to keep making them and share the smiles with as many people as possible.. 
 
It makes me happy to see the little ones (and the adults !!) with a smile when they see my items at markets.  I know that when my babies get to their new homes, they are given lots of love!

Where do you get your inspiration?

I dream things, you know?

You might think that is a little bit of madness but when I do, I make them up and I always have an official "tester" for my items when I complete my first off production, to see what they think of it...

Some ideas don't work out when i make them and they just kind of sit in my sewing room to keep me company, but then others do work out and I share them for everyone to see..

I have been through lots of trial and error, but I have found what I like to create and I kind of stick to that now.

How can people contact you?
People can contact me via email, or find me on my Facebook page and I also have a blog.

I am always happy to do custom orders for people also, check out my Facebook page for further info.

Market dates that I attend are always listed on my blog, and advertised on face book also so follow me to keep updated with goings on at Sienna May.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! you did an absolutely amazing job!! It looks sensational... thank you so much for putting this on to your blog, it is great x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...