Jan 21, 2011

Stencil Card Making

I've been making cards using felt.  You may have seen this one [see below] on my Facebook page.


I thought it was time to try something new though and my inspiration came from nowhere (seriously, I'll be slipping off to sleep when I'm hit with an idea.  Good thing I have paper and pen beside my bed!).

Stencil cards!  Not something I've seen before and it means I can do all sorts of different shapes.  I'm not the best drawer/painter/designer but stencils give me a fighting chance haha.  So here are some photos of the step by step process of making one of the stencils, and the end result :).

Drawing it out on a piece of card, shading the bits to cut out.

Got sick of shading; dodgy tetris piece drawings.

Cut out all the tetris pieces with my handy stanley knife.

Yay!  Tetris heart Valentine's card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...