Feb 17, 2011

Bleeding Heart Gallery



I have a lot of respect for the Bleeding Heart Cafe & Art Gallery.  They are the sort of business that I could be happy working for (as opposed to horrible things like Myer *shudder*).  The Bleeding Heart Gallery puts the money that you give them into " funding charitable and community enterprise".  Isn't that great?

I've only been there a couple of times myself; for a friend's exhibition, for fun and to check out their gift shop.  It is a really nice place and the people there are really friendly.  Hopefully I get the time to hang out there more often (and maybe meet some more awesome people *hint hint*).

Which brings me to my point.  The gift shop.  They have various little boxes for $60 per month (if I remember correctly) where you can find things that have been made by local crafters.  While I was checking it out for myself, I found things by Hungry Designs, ReClaimed Records and other crafty folk I've seen on Facebook and at the Suitcase Rummage.

If you have a chance, go check them out and have a beer knowing that your money is going to a far better cause than if you were drinking at the local pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...