Apr 22, 2011

Creator Profile - BabyButton

I've been a bit slack with my crafter profiles and I am so sorry guys!  Uni just took over my life for a bit there!  This time I got to talk to Janell from BabyButton :).
Tell us about yourself
My name is Janell and I am a mother to my daughter Addison age 15 months. I am originally from California, USA and have been in Australia for almost 4 years now. I came over for school (I now have my degree in Psychology) and met my husband and had our daughter and this last November got married! I spend a lot of my spare time sewing and find that it is my hobby and relax time. My husband is always amazed at the level of patience I have when it comes to sewing!  
What do you create?
I mainly create baby/young kids items. I started the line by making breastfeeding covers and then I decided to continue expanding my line to include tag blankets (which are great quiet blankets that have ribbons around the whole thing for the bubs to suck on and play with) and dummy clips to save dummies from hitting the floor and even shorts and pants for older kids!
 
How long have you been making things?
I have been making things since I was a little kid. I remember being willing to make a small craft and try and sell it to the same sweet neighbours who were always willing to buy! I started seriously sewing in 2010 when my daughter was born and I didn't want to pay so much for all the cool baby items available out there. So I started to sew them  myself.
What was the first thing you made?
I started out making breastfeeding covers because I was not always comfortable feeding in public places. I thought I could help other mums who wanted to go out for a coffee with the girls, be comfortable feeding infront of others or even stop the distracted baby from looking around by making them. I have now made well over 300 breastfeeding covers for numerous women! :)
Where do you get your inspiration?

My daughter is my inspiration. I see so many great products out there that are overpriced and I just think to myself that she can have all the same things that are in the stores only mummy will make them. I enjoy being creative and seeing the end results makes me want to do it all over again.


How can people contact you?
I can be contacted through my website, facebook, in markets (Fairy Floss Bulleen) or a simple email.
Website: www.babybutton.com.au
Facebook: www.fb.me/babybutton.com.au
Email: info@babybutton.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...