Nov 7, 2011

World Vegan Day Brisbane

Yesterday (Sunday 6th November) was World Vegan Day celebration time for the folk of Brisbane.  It's the first time that there has been a World Vegan Day celebration this large (that I know of) and it was all thanks to the efforts of Steven from the Vegetarian and Vegan Society of QLD (VVSQ).



I was volunteering there at the Animals Australia stall so I didn't get to browse around too much as we were kept quite busy by people wanting awesome shirts and soft toys.  I did, however, score myself a sample of Notzarella, made by a local Brisbanite.  I shall review it soon.  On nachos!  I also got some free samples of Sweet William chocolate, which has to be my favourite chocolate ever.  I was going to save them for my friend, but I could not resist!



I got to say hi to the awesome folks at the Animal Liberation QLD stall and saw some other awesome organisations including Sea Shepherd, Animal Rescue QLD, Charlie's Angels Horse Rescue and World Society for the Protection of Animals.  While the day was over pretty fast and was a bit smaller than I expected, I have hopes for the future, that it will continue to grow with more food stalls and people coming along!



Apparently a child won my dinosaur plushie, pawprint brooch and stegosaurus brooch that I put into the cent auction, which I am quite happy about.  I plan to give something to the cent auction each time if I can!


Another awesome thing to come out of this: I met a lot of people who I interact with only online and some of them talked with me and I've been inspired to create the Brisbane Animal Activists group on facebook so that we can have stalls for Animals Australia at various markets around the city.  I'll keep you updated on how that goes and feel free to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...